(CHICAGO – July 26, 2022) – CommonSpirit Health’s hospitals are ranked among the nation’s best for their high performance and quality care, according to U.S. News & World Report’s 2022-2023 Best Hospitals rankings. The annual U.S. News Best Hospitals rankings, now in its 33rd year, analyze more than 5,000 hospitals nationwide and recognize top performers, based on outstanding quality, expertise, technology, and experience.
As one of the nation’s largest nonprofit health systems and a leading provider of Medicaid and Medicare services, CommonSpirit plays a critical role in helping millions of Americans access quality health care. Across 21 states, the system includes includes critical access and community hospitals as well as academic and destination medical centers.
U.S. News & World Report recognized 41 CommonSpirit hospitals for national, regional or high-performing achievement, including:
- Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center ranked 3rd overall in Texas and ranked 20th in the nation for cardiology and heart surgery and in the top 50 for neurology and neurosurgery, urology, cancer, gastroenterology and GI surgery, and geriatrics, and garnered high-performance ratings for one adult specialty and 13 procedures and conditions.
- St. Joseph’s Barrow Neurological Institute ranked 40th in the nation for neurology and neurosurgery and 40 th in the nation for rehabilitation.
- St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center ranked 3rd overall in Arizona and achieved high-performance ratings across nine specialties and conditions and procedures.
- Virginia Mason Medical Center ranked 2nd overall in Washington and garnered high-performance ratings in six adult specialties and 16 procedures and conditions.
- CHI Memorial Hospital ranked 4th overall in Tennessee and garnered high-performance ratings in 11 procedures and conditions.
- CHI St. Vincent Infirmary ranked 3rd overall in Arkansas and achieved high-performance ratings in seven procedures and conditions.
About CommonSpirit Health
CommonSpirit Health is a nonprofit, Catholic health system dedicated to advancing health for all people. It was created in February 2019 by Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health. CommonSpirit is committed to creating healthier communities, delivering exceptional patient care, and ensuring every person has access to quality health care. With its national office in Chicago and a team of approximately 150,000 employees and 25,000 physicians and advanced practice clinicians, CommonSpirit Health operates 140 hospitals and more than 1,000 care sites across 21 states. Learn more at commonspirit.org.