If you use any of the following accounts, you are eligible for CommonSpirit Protect, CommonSpirt’s two-factor account protection:
- Barrow Second Opinion
- Health Records in HealthLife Patient Portal in Arizona, California and Nevada
When you enable CommonSpirit Protect, you will receive a verification code by both email and text message each time you try to log in. If you receive a text message from CommonSpirit Protect, it simply means you’ve chosen to enable increased security protection of your account and provided your mobile number during our patient enrollment process. In accordance with federal law, you may receive text messages for individual health-related information to facilitate the provision of care to you. However, any text messages you receive from CommonSpirit Protect are specific to our authentication method and are unrelated to any of the following notifications:
- General wellness alerts
- Appointment scheduling
- Reminders and confirmations
- Classes and event opportunities
After providing your mobile number, you will receive a text message confirming your participation in CommonSpirit Protect. If you reply stop, you will disable CommonSpirit Protect and no longer receive text messages related to authentication. You may still receive text messages from our health care providers and our health care sites if you previously signed up to receive those updates.
When using CommonSpirit Protect
- You must enter the verification code sent to you through an SMS text message when prompted during the login process.
- When you sign up for CommonSpirit Protect, you agree to receive verification codes from 56462 only.
- If at any point you opt out of CommonSpirit Protect, you will no longer receive verification codes. You may still receive text messages from health care providers and our health care care sites if you previously signed up to receive those updates.
- If you choose to stop text verification messages from CommonSpirit Protect at any time, we will only send the verification code to the email address on your account.
Steps to enroll in and opt out of CommonSpirit Protect
- When you sign up for your account, we will send you an SMS message to confirm your signup. Account verification texts will come from the number 56462.
- This service is used to send you notifications for account verification texts.
You can cancel texts from CommonSpirit Protect by replying “STOP”. We will then send you a reply message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed from account verification texts. You will no longer receive account verification text messages from CommonSpirit Protect (email verification code will continue). Note that this does not exclude you from other CommonSpirit text messages; only the account verification text messages for this account.
For more information on what services your account can be used for see: commonspirit.org/account.
Steps to update existing accounts to use CommonSpirit Protect
- Log in to your existing account.
- In the upper-right of the page, select your username, then cascade down and select Settings.
- Locate the Security section in the lower-right column and select the Edit button.
- Once on the Edit security information page, toggle the Multi-factor authentication button to ON.
- Provide your mobile phone in the appropriate text field and click Continue. On the next screen you’ll be asked to verify your mobile phone using a verification code.
- You’ll receive an SMS message on your mobile phone containing a verification code from the number 56462. Enter the verification code you receive in the appropriate field and click Verify.
- You’ll be redirected back to the Settings page. The Security section will be updated with Multi-factor authentication showing ON, followed by the newly verified mobile phone number.